Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Colson- 20 months (almost)

Our sweet, dear Colsy is almost 20 months old.  Oh boy, he is growing up so fast.  This month was a huge jump for him in communication, understanding, discipline, and entertaining.  He has started to talk on command, understands most of what is said and I feel like we are getting over the hump of being frustrated due to communication barriers. He laughs on command which is hilarious.  He enjoys dancing which is also hilarious.  He has started getting really excited at different things and he will hold his breath and shake his head, also hilarious.  Yesterday we saw a tow truck driving down the road.  Luckily Jared was driving so I got to watch him point, shout, hold his breath and shake his head.  
This boy is loving cars these days.  The "pool bus" is his all-time favorite.  He watches for it when we take Katelyn to the bus stop and yells, "POOL BUS!!!" when he sees it.  Or when we are driving down the road.  I don't realize how many school buses are out until I hear him yell, "POOL BUS!!!!" every few minutes!  He also loves playing with toy cars, trucks, buses, etc.  
Colson is a good eater.  He still loves his milk.  I can officially say he can drink out of a cup.  However, I can also officially say I still give him a sippy cup at almost every meal.  I'm just not ready to have to clean up the spills that are bound to happen.  I guess that will be my goal this month, good bye sippy cup!
Little man is becoming a champion napper!  He will nap 2-3 hrs most days.  He sleeps from 7:30pm to about 7:00am.  We will wake earlier some days, later others.  But 7:00 is the earliest I get him.   
Colson has started to like doing crafty things lately.  Mostly he wants to do what his sisters are doing, which usually means coloring.  He has also started having an opinion on what he wants to wear.  He loves his bat-man shirt.  He also loves his "choo-choo" pj's.  
My favorite time of day is right before bedtime and naptime.  We sit in the chair and colson will sing, "Nigh-Nigh, Nigh-nigh.." Sometime he will take my hair and rub it on his face and laugh- oh, it brings me joy!  
My least favorite time of day is right after naptime.  He would really like to wake up to a full meal waiting for him, but he usually has to wait a while before dinner.  He is typically fussy/grouchy so he has to get disciplined.  Speaking of discipline, I will often ask him if he needs a spanking.  He won't answer me, but he usually reaches back and spanks himself (followed by obedience, usually...)  It cracks me up everytime.  
We are beyond blessed by this sweet little guy.  So luckily and thankful we get to watch him grow each day!
Happy 20th month little guy!

No comments: