Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Colson- 9 months old

  Today is Colson's 9 month birthday.  We had his well check today and he is weighing in at 21 lbs (90%) and is 29.5 inches (90%).  He is overall very healthy and doing great.  His eczema has flared up the last few days.  The doctor said that as soon as you start using your heater in the house, you can expect it to flare.  This past month was lots of fun for Colson.  He is one lucky boy to have 2 sweet big sisters, but we will talk about them a little later! 
Colson is still sleeping ok.  Wakes up a little earlier than I would like, but most nights he does ok.  He takes 2 naps a day and is generally happy.  He is most certainly attached to his momma.  If I walk by when someone else is holding him and don't pick him up, he will let us know he isn't happy.  Most of the time this isn't a big deal, but if I'm trying to accomplish a task then it can be frustrating.
Colson eats whatever puree's are given as well as some table food.  Puffs, cheerios, banana, bread, waffles, and raspberries are what we have given him so far.  He enjoys being able to feed himself.
Colson's favorite thing to do is stand these days.  He is crawling like crazy.  Actually, I had to put the gate at the bottom of the stairs because he was just getting too fast.  
The 3 kids play so well together.  I'm loving watching the sibling dynamics start to play out.  The day I snapped this picture they all were playing around this table for at least 10 minutes straight.  They were each in their own world, but they were playing side-by-side nicely and it was lovely to watch.  
Colson was a dragon for Halloween.  He enjoyed the costume because it had over-sized claws on the hands that made great teethers!
Little man's hair is growing around the back and sides (yup, another mullet-ish hairdo for the Hughes').  I'm thinking we may get the sheers out soon!
I just love this picture.  Katelyn was my 'helper' that afternoon when I was taking pictures.  She was supposed to get him to smile (because she is the BEST at getting a grin or laugh out of Colson).  Well, all he cared about was looking at the grass, so she took matters into her own hands- literally.  Colson so far doesn't mind Katelyn's 'helping- hand'.  I'm sure that will one day change, but for now he loves her dearly and she can do almost no wrong!
Adelyn is more and more enjoying playing with him.  She is more of his partner in crime (in the picture she is getting him more grass to eat).  The more mobile he becomes, the more she enjoys him.  Today he was 'chasing' her around the living room.  She takes over as being in charge when Katelyn is at school.  She will see him with a toy and run across the room saying, "No, No, Colsy..." Although most of the time the toy is fine for him to have...
Happy 9 month birthday little Colsy-Wolsy-Underpants.  You are a blessing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just precious! All three of them are! What a cute bunch you have!!!