I can't believe my sweet Ada-girl is already 22 months old! I tell you what, it has flown by and we are so blessed by Adelyn. This month she seemed to have grown up so much! Her vocabulary is expanding everyday, it is so fun to watch her learn and grow!
This month we celebrated Christmas, which to Adelyn meant gifts, stockings, food and fun with family.
She is still our little eater and loves dip of all kinds. If she sees someone else with dip she will clear a spot off on her plate, point to that empty spot and say "more". She will eat whatever is served, but she almost always has a favorite and will point to where said item was and ask for more.
Adelyn still loves babies. This week she undressed one of her babies and took off for the restroom. She was saying "poo-poo" as she ran. I caught up to her before she dropped her baby in the potty to let it go "poo-poo"... Speaking of the potty, Adelyn still likes to sit on the potty and will actually go in the potty a few times a week. We still aren't "potty-training", just kinda let her go when she asks even though most of the time she just sits a minute, does nothing and then says all-done.
Adelyn is able to entertain herself very well these days for short spurts. One day she was very quiet in her room so I went to check it out. She had filled the pack-n-play with toys then crawled in and played by herself (until KG joined her after about 10 minutes).
Even with as much as she has grown up, I am still reminded that she is still young when she falls alseep in someones arms, or falls down and just needs a kiss to feel better.
Adelyn is very much in love with her big sister! They have really been able to play well together this month and for that I am so thankful! One day we were playing outside and Katelyn said, "Hey Ada-girl, let's go for a walk and hold hands like best friends." Adelyn thought that was a great idea, so they just walked around the backyard for several minutes holding hands. It was precious, so precious that this pregnant/emotional momma cried as she thanked Jesus for sisters who love to just walk around holding hands.
I just had to post his picture because of her sweet face- love it! (and doesn't she look like her Daddy in the picture?!?)
Adelyn is becoming much more adventurous. She likes to climb, swing, hang, crawl through tunnels... If Katelyn is doing it, Adelyn wants to!
And of course the biggest news this month is that Katelyn and Adelyn are sharing a big girl bed. I have already blogged about it several times, but each night I feel more and more confident that this was a good move to make!
Two days ago Adelyn woke up at 5:50 and was ready for the day. Since I wasn't ready, I just got up and put her in the crib in brothers room so I could get another hour of sleep without hearing the girls talk. After I put Adelyn in the crib I heard Katelyn crying, so I went to check it out. Katelyn told me she was sad because she loves Adelyn and she is going to miss her... Sweet girls!
What a sweet girl Adelyn is growing up to be. She is still trying to test boundaries, and see what is acceptable or not, but overall she is pure joy and sweetness. She loves to take off her socks/shoes/bow when we get in the car which drives this momma crazy, but I can't help but smile as I call her a turkey each time and she starts to gobble... Happy 22 month birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment