Wednesday, January 4, 2012

34 weeks

Well, technically I still have 2 days until I reach the 34 week mark, but close enough :)
I figured I'd give a little update on the pregnancy since we are now on the home stretch!  Baby boy, brother, Jared Jr., little man- so far, those are his names.  We have a short list of 3 names, but are yet to make the final decision.  We do know his middle name will be Jared. 
We have made some progress on the nursery.  The curtains are sewed and hung.
A few canvas wall decorations are hung and I replaced the pink storage baskets with blue.
I covered the lamp shade with some fabric to match the rest of the room.  I have a pegboard that is waiting to be spray painted blue and then it will be hung next to changing table on the wall. 
I am still feeling pretty good.  My back is quite sore most of the time, but that is to be expected at this point.  I can hardly hold Adelyn anymore, she's too heavy and my hips have disappeared, so I have no where to 'rest' her...
Brother is quite the little kicker!  He is head down, so he pokes his little bottom up in my ribs and then kicks the side.  Katelyn gets very excited when she gets to feel him kick.  Adelyn still doesn't understand, but she will ask for "baby" and want to touch my belly. 
 I had an appointment yesterday and found out that I'll be having another ultrasound at 37 or 38 weeks for a growth check.  My doctor is concerned that he might be big since Adelyn was just under 9 pounds. 
I still have some organizing to do, but overall, we are getting close to 'ready' (as ready as you can be for an infant) for baby boy to make his appearance.  We are prayerful that he will continue be healthy and are excited to meet his little man!

No comments: