Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

What a blessing my father is to me!  I don't think I can find the words to say how thankful I am for what a special dad I have.  He has taught me so much throughout my life and has always shown me unconditional love.  I love seeing him now as a "Bubba" with Katelyn and Adelyn.  They adore him and they have such a special relationship.  Thanks Daddy for being you! 
When Jared and I were first married we went through a class at church called Soul Mates.  It was a 13 week course that talked about all the challenges you would face as newlyweds.  One of them was all about in-laws.  I remember sitting around the table hearing all the other couples go on-and-on about their in-laws and how bad their relationship was.  All I could think was, "thank you Lord for blessing me with my in-laws!"  That was 7 years ago and I still feel the same.  Such a blessing to me, Jared, Katelyn and Adelyn!  Thanks for being a great PawPaw!
Oh and where to start with Jared.  He is an amazing father!  He is always doing what is best for Katelyn and Adelyn, even when that means he has to sacrifice his own wants or needs.  He is so loving, selfless, and a great leader for the girls!  He makes them laugh, keeps them in line, and provides for their needs.  Thank you Lord for Jared and for what a great daddy he is.
Speaking of Jared, Katelyn was able to pick out a fathers day gift for him.  As we walked through Academy she decided on this water gun....  I knew I was going to regret this decision...

Last night when I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed, it was an all out water attack by Jared on me!  As I stood there- drenched, he just laughed... Okay, I laughed too, but seriously, who plays with water guns indoors?

No comments: