Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cowtown 5K

Last weekend I headed up to Fort Worth for a fun weekend.  Jared stayed home with the girls so I could relax, run my first 5K (3.1 miles) and hang out with family and friends.  Friday night I went to Coppell and was able to see Marcy, Jaime, Makena and Aaron (friends who have all moved away from Austin).  It was so wonderful seeing these girls, I miss them so much!
Megan convinced me to run the 5K with her, but last minute her head coach had surgery so she had to coach for her.  I was so sad to not be able to run with her, but luckily Marcy said she would run it with me!
Here we are before the race showing off our bib's... 
My goal in running the race was to finish without stopping- check that off the list!  Here we are just after the race, we were still catching our breath...
Yay, we did it!
I loved every second of the race.   I even signed up to run a 10K (6.2 miles) in 4 weeks..
After the race I went over to Byron and Megan's.  I was able to spend the day with Byron which was really special because we just don't get to hang out or talk often enough.  Megan was coaching but luckily she finished by dinner time so I got to hang out with her too!  Thanks Jared for staying home with the girls and giving me a much needed weekend away. 

No comments: