Tuesday, December 14, 2010

9 Months Old

Yesterday I turned 9 months old! My mommy and daddy can't believe I am already 9 months old, they say I am growing up too fast and need to slow down! This month was so busy and I changed so much. I am very mobile now and crawl everywhere! I try my hardest to keep up with Katelyn, but she is still running circles around me. I can pull myself up, but I prefer for Mommy to just stand me up. We celebrated Thanksgiving this month at Bubba and JoJo's house. It was lots of fun, but I decided that I needed to start waking at 5:30am for an early morning feeding over the holiday. Since we were in a house with lots of family who probably didn't want to hear me crying at that hour, mommy gave in and decided to not even try to break the habit until after new years since we will be with family for Christmas and have friends over for New Years.  Speaking of eating, I am eating like a champ these days.  I went through a brief period of not wanting baby food, but that passed quickly and I'll now eat whatever is offered.  I love to feed myself puffs and cheerios and will soon be eating more solid foods I'm sure! 

I love being able to roam around and play with whatever toys mommy and Katelyn get for me.  This phone was a favorite for a few weeks.

 While in Brownwood I loved the swing at the park.  Mommy wonders why I like to swing there but not here in Austin?
 I'm still sucking my thumb.  It is usually only when I'm really sleepy though, which is good. 

 This month was the first time I spent a night away from Mommy and Daddy.  I stayed with Bubba and JoJo so that Mommy and Daddy could go to Daddy's work Christmas party.  Mommy said it was good for me because when she came to get me I wasn't quite as clingy to Mommy!

 Here I am with my favorite friend, Katelyn and my favorite toy.  I will stand at this table for 30 minutes sometimes just playing music and enjoying the fun lights and sounds. 


 My Mommy loves this face that I have started to make.  It is my super happy, excited, loving-life face!  I just started making it in the last few weeks and Mommy knows I am very excited about whatever is going on when I make this face! 
 I am at the point where I will put EVERYTHING in my mouth.  Mommy has to watch me constantly because I will find the smallest crumb, dead bug, leaf, grass, toy, food, etc. and it goes straight to my mouth!  Katelyn also does a good job of not letting me put foreign objects in my mouth, she is such a good big sister!
We were at the mall one day this week and Mommy noticed this lady kept watching Katelyn and me.  I was sitting in the stroller and Katelyn was playing games with me.  I was laughing and having a good time.  A few minutes later the lady came over and said it brings such joy for her to see two sister who love each other so much.  Mommy agreed and prayed that we always have such a special friendship!
I think I've officially learned the sign for more, only I've made up my own way to sign it.  I open and close my hand really fast.  It almost looks like I'm waving.  I fuss when I get dropped off at the nursery, but only cry for a few seconds then calm down.  When I see someone that I want to hold me I lean towards them and hold my arms out.  I was sick, sick, sick for a few days this month.  I caught this really yucky stomach bug that made me throw-up a lot.  It was no fun, especially since it got passed to Katelyn, Mommy and Daddy!  Other than the throw-up while I was sick, I have almost stopped spitting up!  I have also stopped gaining weight, I actually lost a little.  I weighed 17 pounds last Monday.  Mommy says I'm becoming a skinny-minnie like my sister. 
Next month will be very exciting for me, it will include an airplane, Hughes family, Jesus' birthday, HSU New Years Reunion and lots more. 
Merry Christmas,
Adelyn

No comments: