Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

I had decided to not make any 'New Years Resolutions' this year because I always end up breaking them after about a week, but then I decided it's always a good thing to be striving to to be a better Christian, wife, mommy, and friend.  With that being said- I think I'll reflect on last year before moving forward. 

Last year was a year of tremendous up's and down's.  As a family we had 2 devistating miscarraiges which shook my foundation a bit, only to make my faith and love for Jesus Christ grow more than I could have imagined.  Of course now we are so blessed to be expecting our 2nd daughter March 10th and I thank God every day for this precious blessing (who is kicking my ribs as I type!!!).  Several of our up's for the year involved our precious Katelyn who is so smart and ever changing to keep us on our toes.  I learned this year that Katelyn is a runner- meaning, she will run away from us when given the chance.  I had several super scary moments when she bolted into the street at a park and when she took off in the middle of JCPenney's.  What was amazing is the peace that the Lord gave me that He has angels all around who go before us and follow after and I cling to that, knowing His angels will protect my precious Katelyn.  I also learned that Katelyn loves to sing and has an amazing ability to memorize songs/verses/books/anything.  She memorized John 3:16 in December and we are starting to memorize a scripture verse a week in 2010.  I couldn't be more proud of her!

Now a look ahead, goals for 2010:
  • finish reading through the Bible, I made it about 1/5 of the way through last year
  • teach Katelyn a Bible verse each week and 1 letter/week
  • cook more healthy meals- don't give into every pregnancy craving
  • make a point to do special things for friends or family, even if it is just a simple card in the mail or email
  • show Jared that I love him, in his love language, not mine
I think that is a good starting point.  Happy New Year!

No comments: