Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was CRAZY to say the least. I felt like I was going from here to there non-stop! Saturday morning we got up and drove to Dallas to help my brother and sister-in-law move into their new place. They bought a beautiful home in Irving and I am so very jealous of Megan's kitchen! Of course I didn't take pictures with my camera of Megan and Byron, but when I get my mom to email the pictures I took of her camera I'll post them. Shortly after I got to Dallas Jared and I left to go to the Mavs playoff game (that was my 5th anniversary present to him). It was a nail-biter of a game and the Mavs lost by 1, but it was still lots of fun getting to hang out with my hubby!

During one of the time-outs they started to throw t-shirts up in the stands and Jared was determined he was going to catch one. As one t-shirt got close Jared realized he was going to have to jump for it. So- up he went and down he came. As he landed he said, "MAN, I didn't get the shirt... and I hurt my knee." We later inspected the knee and found this bruise- I don't think the picture does it justice, but he has several massive bruises across the top of his knee and we aren't sure how he got them??? But it was a valiant effort honey :)



After the game we went to visit our sweet McAdams friends. Rocky was out with family, but we got to visit with Amy for a few minutes. They just bought a new house in Coppell and it is so cute! She has such they eye for decorating! As you can see from the picture, she is due in a few weeks with Miss Brinley Jane, who I can't wait to meet!


Our last stop for Saturday night was to the Duncan's. I was a little bummed we didn't get to hang out with them longer. Makena is almost 2 years old and she and KG had fun playing together. I can't believe how fast they grow and change. The last time I saw Makena was when she was barely walking and now she is talking in sentences! I know the Duncan's are happy in Coppell, but I sure do miss them here in Austin!


Sunday we went back over to Byron and Megan's (or BoBo and Meggie according to Katelyn) house and hung out with them. I'll post some of those pictures soon, but in the mean time- here is a picture of my sweet brother and sister-in-law!

1 comment:

Amy Mc said...

Welcome to the blog world- I am glad you joined the club. Thanks for coming to see me! Katelyn is so very cute and I LOVE the diaper bag! All your projects are so cute- you are a very talented seamstress- feel free to use Brinley as a guinea pig for your creations anytime. :0)