Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!  First of all, let me say- these pictures are in no particular order!  There, now that is out of the way let's proceed.  This thanksgiving was particularly fun for me!  Nanny, PawPaw, flat SaSa, James, Storm, Caleb, Micah and Ellie all came to Texas to spend some time at our home.  It was such a blessing for them to come and we had a GREAT time!  We ordered Franklin's BBQ one day and it is at the top of the best bbq I've eaten!
Jared smoked a turducken on Thanksgiving day and oh. my. word. So good!
We, of course, had several photo ops.  Here all the kids are in their Christmas best.  
Flat SaSa was always in the mix.  During thanksgiving lunch she sampled the chocolate delight and pecan pie.  
Before we opened gifts I read a Christmas story.  This might have been my favorite thing from the whole week.  All the big kids sat and eagerly listened while Colson went from lap to lap sitting with everybody and then making circles around and through the big kids.  I loved watching all the kids interact the whole week.  Colson learned how to hold his breath and make a funny face from Caleb.  Adelyn and Ellie were attached at the hip.  Katelyn loved playing wii and Settlers jr. with Caleb and Micah.  Such joy just watching them play!
Another photo op.  This time in their turkey shirts!
We took a hike on Thanksgiving day to a little trail down from our house.  I think the kids liked being out of the house and in the woods a little.  
Having 12 people in the house we all were running on less sleep than usual.  Adelyn fell asleep on Caleb's shoulder at one point- precious!  
I love this picture of Nanny and PawPaw!  
Katelyn took this picture of PawPaw.  
One night we went out to the Geeslin River place.  Jared, Stanley, James, Micah and Katelyn stayed the night and went hunting
That night we has hotdogs over the fire and smores!  The kids loved riding 4-wheelers, and the ranger.  I think Micah said that was his favorite.  And Caleb said he was able to drive the 4-wheeler which was his favorite thing!
We skyped with the real SaSa often.  We sure missed having her here with us, but at the same time we are SO thankful for the technology to see her smiling face or call her at whatever time we want (for Katelyn that may mean 4:00am her time).   
Yet again, another photo op...
...
Silly!  
The guys played lots of Catan... 
Flat SaSa getting her chick-fil-a fix!
I guess hunting took it out of Katelyn and Micah!
All the girls (Nanny, flat SaSa, Storm and Haley) all took a shopping afternoon.  We went to Mardel, Hobby Lobby, Charming Charlie, Starbucks and World Market.  Maybe I lied earlier, this may have been my favorite thing :)
We had a great time and are so thankful for the Hughes family.  



No comments: