Well Friends, it has been a while! The last post was July 11, but according to my calendar it was either yesterday or 3 years ago. Life has been crazy, but I can proudly say- things are slowing down- slowly :)
We are officially all moved in to the new house and beginning to settle. Our routine is coming along and life is good! So, on to Colsy-Wholsy:
Colson has grown up so much the last few months. I am so thankful he is at a point where we haven't had to completely baby proof the whole house. No gates needed for the stairs, and only 2 cabinet locks (for cleaning chemicals under sink and bathroom sink). He is into everything, that is for sure! I have decided that moving with an 18 month old isn't much fun. He thinks that every closed box is just a stool to climb on and every open box is full of toys and he must empty it :( We have had some fussing as of late, but that is to be expected at this age (at least that is what I tell myself). He knows what he wants and either a) cant communicate it b) doesn't yet understand that you don't always get what you want... Sorry buddy- mean mommy here ;)
Colson makes me laugh often. He makes silly faces, and has a way of doing something really wrong in a hilarious way (making it hard for me to get onto him). He is all boy, that is for sure! Below is a picture of him using the girls detangling spray as a gun, "Pew, Pew, Pew!" A remote also makes a great gun!
Below is our shoe box and pile of shoes from the old house. He was (and still is, but shoes are out of sight for the most part in the new house) obsessed with shoes. I should go ahead and put this out there- he has put my red heels on more than once ;)
Colson loves his sisters and they love him. He does get into Katelyn's things which she doesn't appreciate much though! The current favorite game is playing chase around the kitchen. They all just run around and around laughing at each other.
Here is Colson's "cheese" face. Such a sweet boy! He could still drink a gallon of milk in no time flat. I have actually started waiting to give him his drink until the end of his meal, because he will fill up on that. He has slowed down on his eating, but I don't expect that to last long. At his 18 month well check he was 95% for height, 80% for weight and 90% for head size. He is a big boy, and is growing taller by the second!
Little man keeps my hands full and I am loving watching him grow. He has started to use lots of words. It melts my heart when he says "I youuuu." (I love you) He probably has about 30-40 words. His favorite part of the day is probably going to drop Katelyn off at the bus stop and picking her up. He loves the stroller and he loves to see the "BUS, BUS, BUS!!!"
He loves his "baby" (fox), and likes to "oock" (rock) before I lay him down before nap and bed. He is hilarious in the car. If he is starting to fall asleep in the car (which even 2 minutes means no nap at home) I can yell, shake him, turn music up and nothing works- until I roll down the window! He pops right up and is alert like he isn't even sleepy.
Well, Happy 19 month little buddy! You are a joy and I can't wait to see how you grown and change this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment