Today was Adelyn's 1st swimming lesson. She was beyond excited! This morning she was smiling ear to ear and asked about 20 times if it was time yet. As we dropped Katelyn off at school she told everyone who would listen that today she has swimming lessons. When it was finally time to go she said, "Mommy, I am sooo happy! I love my swimming lessons." When we arrived at the YMCA she continued telling me how excited she was. I think this picture might just capture her excitement :)
Here she is getting acquainted with her teacher. She was a little shy talking with her teacher, but she would do whatever Miss Leah asked.
There are only 4 in her group and 1 wasn't there today. Plus another was having a little separation anxiety, so most of the time it was Adelyn and one other little girl. I like the low student to teacher ratio!
I was proud of how independent she was. She is 2 (will be 3 in 6 wks) and as you can tell is a head shorter than the other 2 kids. They are both 4, almost 5 and she was right with them on swimming skills! She listened to her teacher and did great!
She had no fear when asked to jump in from the side. The teacher turned to me and said, "Wow, she's brave!"
I asked her what her favorite part about swimming lessons were and she said, "Swimming!". Well ok then :)
I told her as we were leaving that she gets to come back on Thursday for more swimming lessons and she looked at me like she just won the lottery!
No comments:
Post a Comment