Thursday, February 9, 2012

39 weeks and Randomness

Well, tomorrow will mark the 39th week of this pregnancy! I am starting to get really anxious to meet his little guy and feel like a ticking time bomb! Each time I see someone at church or Bible study I get the remark, "You're still here?!?" It is officially that time in the pregnancy when people fully expect him to be here literally any time.  I still feel okay, but I won't be sad to no longer be pregnant once he is born.  My back says it's time to be finished!  The contractions have really picked up this week, Tuesday night was a dozy! 

On another note- Katelyn and I went on a ladies night last week.  She is such a great big sister and takes so much responsibility that I thought she deserved some special KG time.  We started out eating at Cheddars, she was very excited to get to order raspberry lemonade (usually it's only water while at a restaurant). 
Next we headed to the spa to get her nails painted.  Oddly she was VERY QUIET during the spa treatment.  I think she was just taking it all in.  I would ask her questions and she would whisper the answer back to me- very unlike Katelyn to be so quiet.
I was worried that she didn't enjoy it because she was so quiet, but the smile that was plastered across her face told me otherwise.  When we got home I asked her what her favorite thing was and she said getting her nails painted... I think the night was a success.  She felt special and loved and I of course cried as I told her what a special girl she is and how blessed we are because of her. 
Adelyn is becoming such a fun playmate for Katelyn.  They pretend play, chase each other, hold hands as they walk along, share toys, and are just good buddies.  I was telling a friend how much Adelyn has grown up the past month and she pointed out that God is preparing her for a new brother.  So true.  The girls can entertain each other for longer periods of time which will be very nice when I am occupied with a newborn. 
I can't help but post this picture.  I went in to get Adelyn up for her nap this week and found her hair like this...
cutie-pa-tootie

No comments: