Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adelyn- 18 Months Old


That's right, 18 months old! I am in shock that my precious baby girl is a year and a half old already! Adelyn is such a sweet, active, into everything silly little girl.  As of yesterday she has started to make this sweet, hilarious face when I tell her to smile.  Oh, she melts my heart! 
Here she is 'smiling' for the camera with Katelyn- her best buddy.  She looks like she might be in pain from Katelyn's arm around her neck, but she wasn't- don't worry!  Katelyn and Adelyn love to play together, read together, take toys from each other, etc. 
When Nanny and PawPaw where here we had a little backyard water party.  Adelyn thought it was such fun to drink from the water faucet, of course she must have drank a ton of water that night because she leaked through her diaper early in the night which rarely happens...
This is Adelyn's #1, favorite spot to play.  The tupperware cabinet.  I let Katelyn play here when she was Adelyn's age, but she wasn't as infatuated like Adelyn is.  I am actually thinking of emptying the tupperware out of this cabinet because there is always tupperware on the floor.  It doesn't matter if I clean it 20 times a day, she always empties it so she can crawl on in!
Adelyn's hair is growing in typical Hughes' mullet fashion (and some static help in this picture).  I think next month Adelyn may get her first haircut.  Although I think I said that last month too!
Adelyn is still my little eater.  She went for her 18 month well check today and she weights a healthy 26.2 pounds. Katelyn (who just turned 4), weights 33 pounds.  That's less than a six pound difference and they are 2 1/2 yrs apart!  The doctor was teasing her with all her precious leg rolls.  Adelyn will pretty much clear her plate during every meal.  She has started using a fork and spoon with some success. 
Adelyn loves to play with babies, push the stroller, vacuum the floor, crawl on any and all chairs, play in tents, read books, facetime with family, and her new favorite, watch cars drive by. 
Adelyn'v vocabulary these last few weeks has really picked up.  She signs please, help, more very often.  She says baby, momma, daddy, amen (ammmm), yes m'am (aaaa mmmm), Bubba, JoJo (oooo), please (pssss)... That is all I can think of for now. 

Well, another month has flown by and Adelyn is still as sweet as ever.  She went through a short phase of crying when going into the nursery at church, but this month she has overcome that!  She is becoming more vocal and will compete with Katelyn to see who can be the loudest.  She isn't a pushover and will fight for what she wants.  She has had her first experience in time-out and it actually seems to work.  She has been getting in trouble for climbing on things (like the table and ladder on the play set) and a time-out seems to do the trick.  Grateful for a wonderful year and a half with this sweet little lady!

No comments: