Saturday, August 6, 2011

She's a little Momma

Who Me?  Yes you little girl!  Katelyn is such a little Momma.  She would love to claim Adelyn as her own most days, and does all she can to 'help' me around the house.  Since this pregnancy has been pretty rough on me, Katelyn has decided to step up her mommy-ness a notch or ten!  One day, a particularly nauseous day, I was sitting on the couch looking up at the ceiling trying really hard to keep my lunch down.  Katelyn asked me what was wrong and I told her Mommy wasn't feeling well.  She went to the kitchen and came back about 2 minutes later with a glass of ice water in hand.  She said, "Mommy I got you some water to drink, and I put ice in it because you are REALLY special!"  Her face was full of pride at her act of kindness.  I, of course, thanked her, gave her a hug, thanked Jesus for such a sweet little girl and then cried because my heart was overflowing with love (and hormones). 

Another funny- One morning last week I was in the kitchen getting breakfast ready when, BAM, I had to run to the bathroom due to morning nausea.  Adelyn was very curious to see what was going on, so I was trying to be all acrobatic by holding Adelyn back with my leg while hugging the toilet.  Next thing I know, Katelyn steps between my leg and Adelyn and starts 'gaurding' the door saying in her sweetest mommy voice, "No, no Ada-girl.  Mommy is spitting up right, don't you worry, she'll be done in just a few minutes." 

Love this little momma and so thankful for her sweet heart!

2 comments:

Edan said...

Oh that girlie! She reminds me SO much of Coralee and always has. It is truly a blessing to have a little Momma! No wonder Lincoln likes her so much!

Marcy Weldin said...

I love it! She's such a big sweet girl! I'm sorry you are feeling yucky.