Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy 1/2 Birthday Adelyn!


Yes, you read the title right- today is Adelyn's 6 month birthday! The time has truly flown by! She is as sweet as ever and as fun as ever. Adelyn has hit a new milestone this month- baby food!

So far she has only had banana's, apples, and butternut squash. She likes it okay, but she has some trouble getting the food to the back of her mouth to swallow. She is 'tongue-tied' and I think that might be the root of the problem. Tomorrow is her 6 month well check, so I'm going to ask the doctor what he thinks. I know we will have to get her tongue clipped at some point, but I was hoping to wait a bit longer. She has figured out she can suck on her bottom lip or suck her thumb and it helps the food go down...


Speaking of sucking her thumb, she has started sucking it during nap and nighttime pretty often.

She has also been moving like crazy. No crawling yet, but she has gotten on her hand and knees several times and rocked back and forth. I'm going to predict that next month she will be crawling, but for now she is rolling and scooting everywhere!
This month we had our first big family vacation with Adelyn. We went to Colorado with Jared's family and had a blast. I have TONS of pictures to sift through then I am going to do a post on our Colorado trip, so I'll leave that off this post. Adelyn- Happy 1/2 birthday my sweet little princess. We love you so very much and are so blessed by you!

No comments: